April 30 is National Therapy Animal Day!
National Therapy Animal Day was created by Pet Partners to recognize all of the exceptional therapy animals who partner with their human companions to bring comfort and healing to those in need. Therapy animals and their handlers can be found helping people of all ages in a variety of settings including hospitals, pediatric care units, schools, and assisted living facilities.
Goals of National Therapy Animal Day
- Recognize and honor therapy animals.
- Raise awareness and educate the public about the role therapy animals play in enhancing the health and well-being of humans.
- Honor the thousands of dedicated handlers (the human members of therapy animal teams) who volunteer their time and compassion during visits.
What Can I Do?
- Join us in raising awareness on National Therapy Animal Day by participating in Treats & Sweets Day.
- Work with your local officials to have April 30 officially proclaimed Therapy Animal Day in your city, county, or state! Use our action alert form to send a request to your local leaders.
- Contact your local media and suggest a “good news” story about National Therapy Animal Day and how therapy animals are making your community a healthier and happier place. We have a letter to the editor template to help you get started.
- Show your support on social media on April 30 by sharing our special Pet Partners posts, and by posting your own photos and stories of you with your favorite therapy animals. Make sure to use these hashtags: #NationalTherapyAnimalDay and #PetPartners